Telecom predictions for 2012
Let me try to make predictions for 2012. Some will be negative, others will be positive for the industry.
- European television will become Cloud-based. Netflix, Apple, Google, etc. will launch all-you-can-eat video on-demand in Europe and change the current industry.
- M2M will become successful in the consumer & SME space but with moderate successes in the Corporate space. Some disruptive players will become market leaders. Due to lack of standards corporate adoption will have to wait till 2013.
- Telecom cloud solution providers will change the European telecom landscape. Twilio is a potential game changer.
- One or more major telecom operators will fail. With the crisis continuing some major telecom operator will get into trouble due to the high costs of LTE licenses and the abrupt drop in ARPU.
- Consolidation in the telecom provider domain. Either ALU or NSN will be losing its independence or Chinese players will merge.
- Nokia and RIM will lose their independence. Microsoft will absorb Nokia.
Let’s hope my negative predictions are wrong and a lot more positive things happen.
Categories: Business Idea, Dotcom Threats, Future Business Ideas apple TV 2012, disruptive telecom innovation, future of mobile, future of telecom, google TV 2012, m2m successes, major telecom operator fails, mobile predictions 2012, netflix europe, nokia sold to microsoft, rim bought by asian player, telecom 2012, telecom cloud 2012, telecom consolidation 2012, telecom industry prediction 2012, telecom innovation, telecom innovation 2012, telecom predictions 2012, twilio 2012